1. Do I have to sign up via the Econometric Career Days website for ECD Talks?
Yes, you need to create an account to get a ECD Talks ticket on the website. After subscribing, you will receive a confirmation email with your e-ticket. For members, you can log in with your FAECTOR account. If you are not a member of FAECTOR and do not wish to become one, you can make an account to sign up for the ECD Talks here.
2. How are students selected for participation?
Selection for the informal events, lunches and dinners is done through CV selection by the companies themselves. For all other events, the selection is done by an algorithm that takes into consideration all the participant’s preferences and aims to distribute everyone as fairly as possible.
3. Can I arrive later or leave earlier for a case?
No, once you sign up and are selected for a case, you have to attend the entire session.
4. When do I hear whether I was selected for the events I signed up for?
We strive to let everyone know whether they are selected for the events they signed up a few days before the start of the ECD.
5. Until which date can I unsubscribe from an event?
The subscriptions close on the 5th of November at 23:59PM, until then you can still subscribe and unsubscribe for events. Furthermore, we aim to distribute your personal rooster on Monday November 6, you then have until November 8 to inform us if you do not wish to attend any of the activities for which you have been selected. After this date you can no longer unsubscribe, except for unforeseen circumstances.
6. How do I unsubscribe from an event?
You can unsubscribe for events when you are logged in with your account. Go to My ECD – Dashboard – Program. Here you can adjust your preferences. If an event is not included in your preferences you are not enrolled for it. If you wish to unsubscribe after your rooster on November 6, and before November 8, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How does the subscription procedure work?
You can sign in with your FAECTOR account on our website and sign up for each individual event after getting a general ticket for the Econometric Career Days 2023. To sign up for each individual event, go to My ECD – Dashboard – Program. You sign up for an individual event by adding it to your preferences.
8. How can I see which events I am attending?
You can see this on your email or on your dashboard once the selection has been made.
9. What happens if I do not show up to an event without a valid reason?
If you do not show up unannounced or without a valid reason, we will be forced to give your name and personal details to the company the event was organized by, we cannot vouch for what they will do with it. You will also be placed on the FAECTOR blacklist, which means that it will not be possible to participate in career events of FAECTOR for 2 months.
10. How do I add a motivation/CV to my profile?
You can do this in Profile – Edit.
11. I am unable to subscribe for anything other than ECD Talks. How can I subscribe to Presentations, Cases, Workshops, Informal Events, the Closing Party, and so on?
It is essential that you are logged in as a FAECTOR member to register for events beyond ECD Talks. This means you should log in with your FAECTOR username and password on the website, rather than using an email address.
12. When will I be informed about the activities in which I can participate
On Monday, November 6th, everyone will receive their individual program for ECD 2023, which will not yet include events requiring a CV selection. By no later than Thursday, November 9th, communication will be provided regarding the individuals eligible for events with CV selection.